Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It is stuck...

"It is stuck," is how T (18 months) greeted me this morning when I went to get her. Indeed, one of her toys was stuck between the bars of the crib. She kept saying, "It is stuck," over and over until I got it out.

I had no idea she knew the word stuck.

Tonight when she was trying to shut a door and it wouldn't go, she would say, "It is stuck."

She's also been working on the ABC song.... She's not anywhere close but she'll say a, o, g, p, t, r, and a lot of other letter sounds. She doesn't quite have the tune, but she has a rhythmic way of saying it. Then she'll look at me and I'll sing the song for real and she'll get a big grin. Then she'll make another attempt. SO CUTE!

I love it when they acquire language. LOVE IT.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

When one of K's few words was 'up' and she could get it to mean almost anything she needed to say my mother told me about a child she worked with who had 'stuck' as a very early word. 'Stuck' is so often the problem when you're small and not very strong.