Monday, March 12, 2007

Another trip to the doctor...

This morning, Miss K (2.75) woke up coughing a lot... I'll spare you the details of what all came out of the coughing, but think green. Ewwww!

She was hot. I took her temperature and it was ~101. I had figured she was over the worst of it yesterday, but apparently not. Since I am now convinced that we are too sick to fight things off on our own, I called the doctor. MWH took her in this afternoon because he was taking off sick today.

Miss K was excited to go to the doctor. She got all dressed up with lots of jewelry (her sparkly stuff) and had MWH put her hair in a pony tail with two barrettes. The last time we went to the doctor all 3 went and K didn't feel the doctor checked her out thoroughly. Today she had all of the doctor's attention and she was delighted.

Diagnosis: Ear infection. 10 days of amoxicillin 2x a day. It's a good thing she seems to like the medicine.




The rest of us... My chest still hurts... a lot. Any one know how long till your chest feels better after you take medicine? I taught my class. MWH's throat hurts... N (5) went to preschool but didn't stay for extended day care. T (18 months) has a fever and we'll see what tomorrow brings for her... Another day, another doctor's visit? I kind of wanted MWH to just take T with K, but he thought she was doing okay. We'll see.

1 comment:

JK said...

And the amount of ibuprofen we're taking... We're making the makers of that stuff rich too!