Monday, December 04, 2006

Our painter...

We met with our painter today...

In case you're keeping score, I've had 4 interactions with our painter and three of the interactions have made me not happy.

Interaction 1. Before we decided to work with him, he calls to apologize for flaking off meeting my husband the day before and tells me all about the bad mayo he had which prevented him from meeting my husband. Really, TMI and EWWWWWW! (BAD)

Interaction 2. I meet him and he tells me that I shouldn't count on getting in the house before Christmas. He tells my husband and I that he doesn't think our general contractor's guys do good work when they hurry. He also says, "I don't want to be talking trash on them, but they don't do good work when they hurry." (BAD)

Interaction 3. We meet and go over the paint colors. He doesn't do anything that makes me mad, but he does look at some of the trim work our general contractor's guys have done and he says, "I really like going behind these guys. They do great work." I decide then that he's probably psycho. (Not good)

Interaction 4. He tells us that our general contractor "yelled" at his guys and he can't have that. Our general seems like a very gentle, soft spoken man. I could be wrong and he could have yelled, but I'm guessing that our general had asked the painters to not do the thing he supposedly "yelled" about several times and that the painter's guys kept doing it. I'm guessing our general contractor got firm, but I really doubt he yelled.

It's funny because no other person has complained about our general until this painter. (BAD)


I think our painter is a bit dramatic, over-the-top, and likes to stir things up. We know he did a good job on the outside of the house. We hope that he does as good of a job on the inside. After this, we hope that we're done with painting for a long time.

Note to self: In the future, when someone tells you about bad mayo before you meet them, don't even bother going forward with meeting them.



No comments: