Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A few random N things

N is almost 5. I can't believe it. She is so much fun. I pick her up from preschool and take her on errands with me a lot of days before we go home to little sisters. She is so helpful. (She also allows me to be a carpool and drive in the carpool lane during rush hour... So even if she's having a bad day, being grumpy, and not being helpful, she is still VERY helpful! Heh.)

In the last week, she has learned how to play the "Alphabet game." You know, when you are driving in the car and find each letter of the alphabet on signs?

We have counted to 100 (me helping a little, mostly when she'd get to a new set of ten, 70 and 80 are confusing to her).

She loves to hear about when she was a baby... She loves it when I tell her about what she liked to eat, or how she would sleep, or what her favorite toys were, or how much she loved to carry things when she learned to walk. I have a whole journal devoted to the study of N as a baby.

She is really good at writing grocery store lists for me. She LOVES doing that.

*************************

One little memory from early on... When she was a teeny baby, and I was new at nursing, and in disbelief that my body could produce milk and nourish a wee one, I would nurse her and then hand her over to her daddy to have him do a "tummy check." When she was little, her little tummy would get full, round and tight when she had nursed a lot. It was so sweet of MWH to check for me. I couldn't always tell, but he could. It made me feel better about my b^r^eas*ts actually working and doing what they were supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

Thyrie Kourouma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RUTH said...

I love the way that at night when I help H & K put on their pyjamas their tummies are firm and round, and in the morning, when I help them get dressed, their round toddler tummies have transformed into flattish active little girl tummies.

J, my brother-in-law who lived with us for a long time, used to tell whether Andy had been fed by feeling his furry tummy.