Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day 1 in the new house and Christmas Eve

N (almost 5) swiftered like crazy. She didn't like how gritty the wood floor felt. Seriously, she helped clean a LOT. She did it for at least an hour on and off today... Maybe more.

I got a new dust mop. It's amazing how happy I am about my new dust mop... I don't like to clean, but I do love the new wood floor!

K's (2.5) quote of the day, "Dogs don't wear shirts, pants or tap shoes. That's silly."

T (16 months) is having fun trying to learn to go up and down the stairs at this house. I'm letting her try more since the stairs end on a carpeted landing, at this new house, as opposed to really hard tile, at the old house.

I am feeling more settled in the new house.... errr, about as settled as a person can feel when EVERYTHING is still in a box. I am so happy to finally be here. There is still a lot of work to be done on this new house, but we can live in it and get it finished faster I think. It will be easier for MWH and I to make sure things get done since we are here. Yippee!! We're here!

*********

K and I went to the grocery store to gather food, and I wanted to walk out. The store was more crowded than I have ever seen. It just seems so wrong that so much fuss is made about one day. K and I weren't shopping for food for Christmas especially, but rather just food. I overheard one woman say to someone in the store, "This is the third store I've been to and they don't have XXXXXXXX. I need to find it. Christmas just won't be the same with out it." I didn't hear what XXXXXXXXX was, but it seems silly to me to place so much emphasis on something like a food item and a holiday.

MWH got a little tree for the girls. It is 3 feet tall. We let them decorate it completely. It was fun to watch them collaborate on that venture! T knocked over the tree and N about lost it. We fixed it and all was well. We also hung lights around some of our windows and on the bannister. Right after Christmas is over I'm going to buy a really nice and big artificial tree for next year so that will be done.

I wish I liked Christmas better. I wish I didn't mind all the seemingly needless hustle and bustle. I just really don't like it. Everyone gets in such a hurry. When the girls are older, maybe we'll take off and go somewhere tropical and warm for the holidays. If only they hadn't have put Christmas during the holidays... then it wouldn't be so stressful. Heh.

I should like Christmas more. MWH proposed on Christmas. Maybe I'll tell you that story later. We also found out I was pregnant with T (16 months) on Christmas 2004. MWH took a picture of "the stick" in front of our Christmas tree. It's one of my favorite pictures. It's one of my favorite picture, I was so freaked, but MWH had the presence of mind to take a picture of it in front of the tree. It's a little blurry, but it makes me smile. Now T makes me smile. (Note: Picture taken in 2004. Not today!!!)

I guess one thing I do like about Christmas are the lights. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get the girls in the car and go driving around in the evening to see pretty lights.

No comments: