Monday, October 30, 2006

Time change

Yesterday was the day of confusion... I really hate it when the time changes. I hate it both in the spring and fall. Whoever decided it should happen is evil. EVIL.

I think the time change is partially responsible for the funk I was in yesterday. Seriously. I was dreading it. Last year, I wrote this post. I don't really remember much about the day, but I did document that. I followed my instructions this year from last year and the evening (last night) wasn't that bad. However, yesterday morning... I shudder.

Part of the reason I have problems with the time change is that all day long I'm calculating what time it was yesterday and what the girls should be doing, and then what time it was yesterday at this time in Central Time Zone (I don't live in that time zone) and what time it was yesterday at this time in Cairo, Switzerland, and every where else I can think of. It is very exhausting. I mean, the world depends on me for these calculations and therefore I can't stop. (I'm so glad the world only depends on me for the day after the time change!)

Back to the horror that was yesterday morning... T (14 months) woke up really early... Errr.... if you computed the change in time it was early... If you didn't compute it, it wasn't too bad.

I was so confused by the time change (and computing it for the rest of the world--see above) that I couldn't figure out if I had gotten 8 hours of sleep or 7. If I'd gotten 8 then I'd be happy and not grumpy... But I was grumpy, so therefore, I must have only gotten 7... I had gone to bed at midnight (before the time change) and I woke up at 7:00 (I think) before the time change. I let T fuss until about 7:45.

(What she does in the morning when she wakes up is screech every five minutes like the T__-dactyl she is until I get up. 5 minutes between screeches is like an alarm clock on snooze. And while you can sort of sleep, it's not very restful.) I got up and tried to nurse her and put her back to bed, but that didn't work. It just woke K (29 months) up too. And then N was up. MWH looked like he wasn't doing so well so I sent him back to bed and I took all 3 downstairs.

T was tired so she wouldn't let me put her down. Carrying around a 23 pound weight when you're tired isn't fun. Listening to her screech isn't fun either. The weight seemed like the better option.

Anyway... I won't relive it all because it's bringing me down again, but I do blame the Time Change people. I seriously think the time change is EVIL.

All done now. Really.

No comments: