Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday's random post

I am pleased to report that my head and sinuses are pretty much back to normal. I got this not very bad cold on 10/3 and I am finally pretty much back to normal. It just seems sick and wrong (pun intended) that it takes so long to recover from something not so bad.

It never was horrible, but a month of not feeling up to par? Just not fair.

T also seems to be pretty much all better too. K's nose is still running and she's still coughing, but I think she's getting better too...

***********************



T's teething again... She's getting the teeth that go right in front of the 1 year molars.... She had the first four on the top and bottom and got her 1 year molars right about a year and this will be the last teeth she gets until her 2 year molars. I can't believe how big she is.




***********************

Yesterday (Saturday) we had some new college students help us for a few hours with the girls. It was nice to be able to get a few things done on a Saturday. When we are in the new house and the remodel is done it should be easier.



***********************

Miss T loves to play on the stairs and try to climb and swing the baby gate open and shut. I don't like her to do this. However, sometimes she screams so loud that I let her do it for a while to prevent total hearing loss. Last night (Saturday), after deafening me with a scream when I tried to take her away from the gate, I let her play with it and she fell.

She fell on the tile that is at the bottom of the stairs (have I mentioned I dislike this house and can't wait to get into our new house???). I thought she was going to have a horrible bruise by her eye, but babies often bounce and it is just a little red around her eye.

I feel horrible that I let her play with the baby gate but I don't know what to do about her screaming. I think she'll be less screamy as soon as she has more words. I look forward to it and so do my ears. I really am worried about noise-induced hearing loss.

Her screams pierce my ears and then my ears ring for a while. This can't be good for the ear.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

This reminds me - H cries about near misses, she cries if she slips and catches herself. When she was little she would cry a lot if she had an accident and at least as much if she had a near miss. One day she fell backwards off the high bottom stair onto the floor. She fell like a board landing which a loud clunk on the back of her head. I rushed over expecting the worst.

She got up, cried a little and was fine. It was like usually she was crying about what could have happened, how awful it could have been but this time it couldn't have been worse. So there was nothing to get really upset about.