Friday, October 27, 2006

Maybe????

Maybe K is starting to wean?????

Maybe?

I don't want to jinx it by writing about it, but it's been 4 nights in a row that she hasn't asked to nurse at night.

While part of me is sad because this is the end of an era, part of me is delighted to get some of my body back. She's 29 months. I am encouraging the weaning, but not pushing. I'm in the "don't offer, don't refuse" stage. I also am trying not to be in situations that make her want to nurse. If she sees me getting dressed, she wants to nurse. If I snuggle with her too long at night she'll probably ask, so I'm, for the moment, snuggling less. MWH (my wonderful husband) is doing a little more snuggling.

I am very full of milk, so I know someone is drinking less.

I know some women nurse longer than 29 months, but I think 29 months is a pretty darn long time. I'm not going to feel guilty for trying to wean now.

It's much longer than I ever imagined we'd go. I'd hoped we'd make it to 2 years. N weaned herself at 15 months. I could have kept her going a little longer, but she didn't need it. Literally all I did was not get her up in the morning (her daddy did) for 3 days and she didn't ask again for like 2 weeks. It's not like she really needed/wanted to nurse.

Anyway... I digress. We'll see how long T goes. I imagine she'll 2-3 nursings a day for a few more months and then she'll drop to 1-2 and then I'll encourage weaning for her right at 2 years (or that's what I think/hope will happen).

2 comments:

RUTH said...

I fed my twins until they were three. It wasn't a plan, it was just what worked for all of us. I'll blog about it sometime.

RUTH said...

Oops, there is an important word 'breast' missing from that comment. H & K are in no danger of starving.