Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A turning point

This summer, I've been working very hard to get control of my life again. I planned way too much to do at work this summer, but despite being crazy busy, I do feel like I learned something. I also made the realization (again) that I NEED to keep learning. I've been in survival mode for so long that I'm getting rusty and not at the top of my game any more.

This summer, I got a chance to do a little "professional development" for myself and learn new things and re-immerse myself in my work. I went underwater, but I think I'm treading okay now. I'm enjoying my work a lot right now. I have also realized that I NEED to be doing the work I love and not just working to be busy. I have realized this before, but I think I might actually be able to make this more of a reality now. Wish me luck!

No comments: