Friday, August 18, 2006

One year ago

One year ago I didn't know...

that you would have curly hair--curly eyelashes even
We're so surprised. There is curly hair in the family, but neither your father nor I have it. Apparently we both have recessive genes for it though.

that your first word would be tickle
I love that. You often say "lickle lickle" first thing in the morning when you wake up. You move your little fingers and you tickle at your belly. You love to be tickled.

that you would laugh all the time
One of my favorite memories of your laugh from this year is when we when we ran to the car after the zoo... You thought me holding you and running was HILARIOUS. To me, your laugh is intoxicating.

that you would love to watch your big sisters
You totally want to do all the things they do.

that you would love to have Mommy hold you
Your daddy laughs at how happy you are just hanging out on my hip as I do things. He says you get the happiest look on your face when I hold you that way.

that you would kick when you were happy
When you were inside of me you kicked all the time. I'm going to pretend that meant you were happy in there!

that you would be the prototypical baby
You have less hair and more of a baby-ish face than your sisters. Since you are my last baby, I'm drinking it in and fully enjoying it.

One year ago I did know

that my third baby girl had just come into the world, was beautiful, and weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces.

that I was thrilled to have a T___!

Leave me a comment if you want to see pictures from one year ago. My husband snapped one that I just love of T and me snuggling right after she was born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday T! I'd love to see the pics from your birth. You obviously make your family (especially your Mommy) VERY HAPPY!

Mrs. CP said...

Happy Birthday T!! This year has gone the fastest yet I think, which I didn't think was possible! I'd love to see the picture too! I need to meet T in person - last time she was still in your belly! :-) I just came across a picture the other day of us together - you were holding A (then 5 months) and I was holding Baby N (then 10 months). WOW.