Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In which I spend far too much time thinking about this morning's events.

I think one of the things that upsets me so much is that N was traumatized.

I drove up with 2 changes of clothes (a spare for future issues). We talked about it and it's seems pretty okay now. She was happy to see me. I think I redeemed myself a little in N's eyes by driving up to school and bringing a change of clothes. I think she needed to know that I was there for her when she needed me.

My husband has a story of how his Mom forgot to put Hot Water in his thermos once (for his lunch--he had a packet of instant oatmeal) and he still remembers how traumatized he was... Bursting into tears, having to sit in the office, the whole bit.

Anyway, N may or may not remember this. We'll see. I hope this is the worst emotional scar she has from her childhood, but it probably won't be. But are we stronger and better people because of emotional scars? I think I am.

I think the thing that makes me the MOST mad is how the office is.... I called this morning and A answered the phone. A is one of the two main secretaries in the office and is very snotty. She knows EVERYTHING, just ask her. So when I called to find out information and I was speaking to A I believed her. She was wrong. Who knows if she will apologize or not. If she wasn't so snotty about things it would be easier to take. She makes me so mad. I still have to deal with her for another year.

I'm sure she gets tired of dealing with parents and clueless parents and helping people through a confusing enrollment process and answering the SAME QUESTIONS over and over, but deal with it. It is your job. If you don't like it, then be proactive and maybe make up a FAQ for parents... Or fix the STUPID enrollment forms.

Okay... I'm done venting. I work hard to make confusing processes simpler for a lot of people because really, they don't care about confusing things... Simple is good. Simple and seamless is what people want in their lives.

Perhaps I'm also a little upset because I'm trying to get a new cellphone and that is NOT A SIMPLE process.... (I'm trying to get one that will play with our calendaring system at work and our calendaring system at work is stupid and if I get one to play it will actually compromise my technological morals, but that's another story, so I will get one that meets most of my needs, but not all, but I will end up paying through the nose and the cellphone company will try to make me feel good about it when really their system SUCKS.)

Okay... really I'm done now.

No comments: