Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sleep, pedicures, and goats (OH MY!)

Are you wondering how those three things relate? Well two relate and one is about something else. (One of these things is not like the other...) Can you guess which two relate and which one doesn't?


1. Sometimes T (10.5 months) doesn't want to go to bed. When she's not ready, but it's time, I lay her down and she'll cry/complain for 10 seconds to a couple of minutes and then fall asleep. I don't think this is a bad thing. I don't consider it "CIO," it just happens. However, when she's really tired, I lay her down and she gives out the feeblest little wimpy cry. Because she feels she has to...You know, to keep up her reputation. Of not wanting to go to sleep. But she does. Want to go to sleep. It's so funny. And then she feels the mattress and instantly falls asleep. It is hilarious!

2. Pedicures: I recently got one! Most excellent. I needed it. (Far East Fuschia is the color)

When N was little she loved to watch Baby Van Gogh, or Vincent Van Goat or whatever it was called (Baby Einstein thing). She was completely convinced that goats painted. When I'd get pedicures when she was young, I'd come home and she'd look at my toes and say something about how great it was that the goat painted my toes.

Now that she's four and 1/2 (TODAY) I thought she should know the truth. That goats don't actually give pedicures. So I told her.

She looked at me like I had said, "There's no Santa Claus."

Oh my... She's going to be very disappointed when she goes to get her first pedicure (NOT FOR A LONG TIME) and there aren't actually goats.

No comments: