Saturday, May 20, 2006

No rest...

Warning, kind of a snoozer post.

I have so much to do before we go out of town for our big family event that I've been planning/arranging with my brothers. It's a big thing. I'll tell you more about it after it happens. I'm editing a video that compiles about 60 years of footage for this family event. My Mother's Day present was a 250 gig hard drive so I could do this. Yes, I'm a geek. I asked for the hard drive. No, I won't get much time for sleep if I want to finish this project.

I'm going through lots of video right now. I've pulled in 23 gig so far. (That's about 2 hours of footage. I've gone through about 6 hours of tape thus far.) It's fun, I'm learning a lot about the family history, and I'm glad I get a chance to do this. My brother also has a lot of footage ... I'll have to edit and compile some of his too. I'm sure it'll turn out to be an okay video, but it's the kind of thing you could spend forever working on. I only get one more week to think about it. Actually one more week is when we debut the video and we travel on Wednesday and so I don't actually have that much time.

(And I work on Monday and Tuesday... and I have to go to a brunch tomorrow... and I have to pack for four of us (my husband is in charge of his own stuff!) .... Sleep... Yea, right. I just have to hope the girls sleep well so I can get some work done!)

Anyway... My brothers and I are hosting this event. I have one etiquette story.... We set a cut-off for the RSVP. We hadn't heard from some cousins. The cut-off date went by and 2 weeks after it, we hear from the cousins that they are planning to come. It's a little rude to wait so late to RSVP, but it gets better. So they RSVP'd 2 weeks late and they replied that they would be bringing 20 people. GEEZ... 20 people. That puts our count from 150 to 170... That's just not right.

There's really nothing I can do or say to my cousins that wouldn't cause some hurt feelings. So even though we are really annoyed, and I think rightly so, we are just going to bite our tongues, though we want to say something, and welcome them at the party.

No comments: