Thursday, February 16, 2006

February 15th

One year ago, I lost my beloved kitty. He was about 18 years old and I'd had him for 16 of those years. For me, he was the best kitty ever. I met him when I was in college, he helped me through grad school and a bad boyfriend. He "officiallly" moved in with my husband before I did.

I think about him all the time now and miss him so much. He was not "just a cat," he was my first child. When I found out he had chronic renal failure (CRF) in March of '03, I didn't know how I would cope or ever get along without him. I don't actually know how I do, but somehow, it has been a year. My life seems a little less without him. But I thank him for all he gave me and taught me. I miss that boy. I miss his sweet kitty face and purr; and all the snuggles he gave me. He fought a valiant fight against CRF for almost 2 years, but he was tired, had cancer, and his body needed a rest. I have his story all documented and I've shared it with many others who also have kitties with CRF. I hope that his story can help other kitties.

He will always live on in my heart.

No comments: