Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So much fun

I just got back from the first Mommy and Me gymnastics class with K. It was so much fun. Miss K was one of the youngest, most high energy, and most coordinated kiddos in the class. I'm not surprised by any of it. She's really really coordinated. She always has been. Perhaps she has to be since N is not, and to survive with N she has to be really nimble and quick. I'm not surprised she's one of the most high energy kids either. N is the most high energy little girl I've ever seen. My mom says I had a lot of energy when I was little, but she thinks N might be even more high energy than me. K looks sluggish compared to N. Seriously. But compared to other kiddos, K is high energy. I'm pretty high energy as an adult, but my husband is very mellow. Yin and Yang. N gets the energy level from me...

Anyway...

The class... It was so much fun. Miss K did lots of summersaults, with perfect form, walked on the balance beam, jumped on the trampoline, climbed up the vault, jumped off the vault, slid down things, ran, skipped, laughed ... you name it, she did it. I was exhausted by the time class ended. Good work out for me chasing her and helping spot her. She's 26-ish pounds of baby girl. And, in addition to the class, I have to do the olympic sport of getting everyone dressed and ready to go before class starts--all before 10:20 am. Have I mentioned that we are not morning people? Over break, the girls were sleeping till 10:30/11 am, so this morning was hard.

It was fun though. So worth it! We are so signing up for next quarter too.

No comments: