Sunday, October 24, 2021

Blog #2 2021 History

We count ourselves as lucky, and we are tired of being so isolated. (And this is probably part 2 of Mememememe....) (It's all from my perspective and I am trying not to talk about 3 little girls anymore because their stories aren't my story.)

I work at home. I am so sick of Zoom. 

We all got vaccinated by end of May. 

We took a driving trip to see family in June. 

We flew to the other coast for college visits and to see friends. So thankful we did that. 

MWH took oNe to school and twoK and I went to visit once and then MWH and I went again for family day.  twoK, Three-a, and I will go there again. We miss oNe.  MWH will stay home with kitties.

twoK is applying to college. Next year we will miss her!

Five cats are a lot of cats. Finding a cat sitter is hard. (See post above.)

I reconnected with some friends I went to school with a long time ago and it was wonderful. The only thing I like zoom for is to talk to them (L & J).

Still dancing. I guess I alsop like Zoom for classes with M.

Have had probably a handful of social events (outside of trips) and they have kept my soul alive.

I didn't think I was a very social person, but it turns out I am a human who needs connections.

We don't yet have a return date for work. I don't know what I want. I think 1-2 days a week might be good. I find it very hard to leave the house.

We have a work retreat coming up and I am simultaneously excited and scared.

twoK and Three-a are back at school. twoK switched schools for her senior year and is super happy. Three-a is enjoying extra-curricular activities and trying to 100% in every class.  Seriously, that kid. Over achieve much?

I'm tired of feeling like all I do is work. I work, I dance, and I'm a little bored. So much is the same and everyday blurs together. I lack motivation a lot, but fortunately, my job gives me a lot of external motivation and reward so I keep going. (I would probably shrivel up into a little ball if I didn't have this structure. So many people are feeling NOT right and a lot is because the things that made us happy are gone. Little things like waving to people we don't really know on our commute, to chit-chatting with baristas and growing to care about them and looking forward to saying hi. Our societal structure changed. It's not right. Then there are the big things like the polarization in the country. Families are getting ripped apart by it? Did I mention I'm not talking to one of my brothers? The one who spent lots of time with me when I was younger? It feels like he's dead to me, only worse, I don't care and this is awful. And then there is another person in my family who I love dearly and they decided that almost all of the family is evil an wrong.)

Okay... I feel better having written this short post. 

And later today I get to dance with people who have helped keep me sane. And 2 of those friends are having babies! Squeeee! And I will call a friend in another state tonight and she and I are going to plan a trip somewhere together.

Go Mental Health!

 (Edited to add updates from previous post)

Hair... switched color to overtone and have almost grown all the old permanent color out. SO EXCITED.  I miss regular haircuts. I don't like super long hair. I shed and when the hairs are so long it is gross.

Still doing body pump. Still not loving it but I learned I can listen to audio books and work out and it is SO. MUCH. LESS. BAD. I have books that I can only listen to when I work out and it is awesome.

Organizing... sort of... maybe over the next few months it will get better, I am NOT GOING to keep working 12 hour days ANYMORE.  Most of this year was 10-12 hour days. (See how blurry everything is above.)

I stopped cooking a lot. Super sad. The good news is twoK is doing a lot. She is a phenomenal cook.

I kept dancing a lot. 

I've been stretching a pretty good amount. Could do more but I am not doing horribly here and I'll take that as a win

No comments: