Thursday, January 07, 2021

Memememememe

 It's all about me.  I love the holiday break. I got a bit of a break and a chance to reflect. Wa.rning: this post will probably be boring to everyone but me. 

I didn't take as much time as I should have; it always takes me a few days to give myself permission to relax.  I probably stopped working around the 29th.  I did the teeniest bit after that, but not a lot. I was totally stressed out 27th-28th, made a plan about something, and then was able to stop. Now I need to find some stress to get restarted quickly tomorrow.  

The 28th - today: I took 3 hikes (er, 2 hikes with the whole family one long walk with a kiddo, a friend of kiddo and the mom of kiddo friend). I must say, I am pretty proud of us for 2 hikes as a family. We watched 2 or 3 movies, had a couple game nights with family, and I danced quite a bit.  Never as much as I want for ANYTHING. 

We had a cleaning party -- I want a cleaner more organized house in 2021.  I need to try to tackle this the way I do everything that really works for me -- some everyday so it's not super overwhelming.  I hate this.  I don't like cleaning. I never have. I miss our cleaner.  I want him first in line for the vaccine.  

I also miss my hair stylist, mostly for the color. Truth be told I am enjoying the ease of the "messy bun." I can be ready and on Zoom for work in NO time.  Note, this is awesome and sad. I have a feeling that the desire to keep the messy bun will influence the length of my hair (at least shoulder length now) for a while.  Did I tell you I chopped off 3-4 inches from my hair?  twoK helped but then I kept chopping little bits.

(And just to record it here so we don't forget: twoK gave Three-a a haircut.  Just to record it here, I've been cutting MWH's hair the whole time since last March. I've learned a lot about hair cuts. I keep getting better (have done 5- 6 so far) but I really can't wait until he can go back to his professional. It's stressful and I always worry I'm going to mess up. The one we did in early November was the one that was "almost" a big bad mistake -- we use clippers and then scissors and we used the wrong guide on the front sides, but fortunately his hair grows fast and this latest haircut fixed it.)

Fun stuff from break: I got to talk to my BFF from high school, and my BFF ex-colleague, and tap dance in the backyard.

2021 goals

More organizing

Stretch/roll/pilates more often.  (Maybe start a blog about that. I have this "thing" going on in my left hip. I don't know how long it's been happening but it's been a while and I need to try to figure it out and a blog will help me organize.)

More writing -- work 

Keep doing the Farmers Market and all the stuff associated with that (cooking those fresh vegetables so they don't get icky)

Keep doing Body Pump

Keep dancing (a lot)


No comments: