Thursday, June 20, 2019

new and fun

back from dentist…. good times… I had a reaction to the local anesthesia.
I started shaking, my hands, legs, and face went really numb… I was super dizzy.
the local anesthesia had epinephrine in it… I have been googling… found this: "You may also be allergic to additives or a combination medication. For example epinephrine is commonly combined with another drug called lidocaine and there have been some reports of allergic reactions to this combination."


(file under special snowflake)


This happened a while ago (maybe a month ago) ... I did some more research and found that indeed, I'm most likely not allergic to epinephrine, but that 1) either it went into a blood vessel and got to my heart, or 2) I am allergic to the combination / other additives.

No comments: