Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Fall/Winter

The boring... I had a couple of migraines.... Beginning of October and November... (I keep track of them here on this blog. Why? Because back when I used to blog a lot, I started recording them here. Now, it's where the history is.) Moving on... oNe passed her driving test! We have some independence. She's been enjoying the freedom to do some solo driving for Christmas shopping. She also has new friends and a new activity that she likes to do and this will really help us. Our nanny is almost ready to start a new job. She's done with school and searching. She thinks she'll be with us at least until mid January. I'm not ready to give her up. When she leaves us, I'm going to have to get someone to help us. We've had a few weeks where she's not been here for her usual schedule because of school commitments, and MWH and I have felt the stress! We won't get a "nanny" but we'll need someone to help with driving, cooking, errands. I love to cook, but right now I'm so overloaded at work that I don't have time. Another thought about the driving... when the girls were first old enough to stay by themselves, it was incredibly freeing... Now that oNe can drive herself places, it's also incredibly freeing! Someday, I'll have to talk about the college process. Right now, it involves a lot of oNe looking very angry when I try to talk to her about it... or crying. She's done super well in school and on tests, so she'll get in somewhere, but she's so worried. twoK... Still dancing. This year has been stressful, but she's done amazingly well with all that they've thrown at her: a horrible role, then changes, then more changes, then weird things happening, a decent role, and now other kids who are super stressed. Many tears, many discussions... Good learning, but learning is hard sometimes. Three-a... I'm not sure I ever talked about twoK's math experience last year here. It was awful. It was the teacher. This year, Three-a has the teacher and we're having another hard year. Not quite as bad as last year, but stupidly stressful. Sorry to be vague, I'll tell you more later. It's almost Christmas. Looking forward to 2 weeks OFF!!! SO EXCITED.

No comments: