Sunday, January 21, 2018

Quarterly report

When we last left off, we weren't in the best place.

Here's the report now:

Christmas tree is down and no feet were broken.  All 5 of us helped put it away.  I love the girls.  They are so helpful and care about the family.  There was much laughter during the process of trying to foist the very heavy tree up on the shelf.  The shelf is about 7 feet high? Maybe higher as it's just out of MWH's reach.  Anyway, much love at that moment.

I changed jobs. I am super happy. The place is super positive. There's a lot of change and growth that has to happen, but we can do it.  (We just had a planning retreat so this is fresh in my mind.) I am so impressed with the CEO. She's a woman. She keeps the troops going and always is positive. I need to write her a thank you note. She is awesome. I met her a long time ago (almost 20 years). I never imagined I'd work for her, but am so glad now.

Today, I'm fighting something.  I got a sore throat a few days ago, but I wasn't very sick. But, today, I am super tired.  I didn't go to workout class.  I lightly danced for a long time yesterday (2 hours).  I got a lot of sleep last night, but am just drained.  Our cat who has cancer seems to feel the same way today.  He and I are in front of the fireplace.  Go oil of oregano and elderberry.  (And his medicine for him.)

oNe is 16! She is now dancing more -- in a company.  So exciting.  I hope she has as many happy memories as I do from when I was a teenager, dancing, and performing a lot.  Now, I don't really want to perform, but our teacher makes us perform at least once a year -- last year and this year it will be 3 times for me.  oNe will do a bit more most likely as the company gets invited to perform at local community events.

twoK is dancing a lot and doing impressive things.  I wish I could share videos, but mostly anonymous so ....   Also, she has super sweet ballet friends.  I know all the moms of the girls and I really like them too.  You know how apples don't fall far from the tree?  Yup.  Her friends are awesome and so are their moms.

Three-a is rock climbing a lot and really likes it.  She's working on one-arm pull ups and practices her regular (two arm) ones all the time.  She is hoping to be on a rock climbing team in the fall.  (We'll figure out how to make it happen in the already crazy schedule.) She (and all the girls) are super strong.  I am so happy they love to work out.

Sidebar: When I met MWH, one of the first things he said to me, well one of the first things he said to me when we were having a "serious talk" -- one of our first serious talks -- you know, you meet someone and fall head over heels quickly and you start having talks about long-term stuff quickly -- okay, so one thing he said to me was that he felt that working out was something he needed to do often to stay in good mental and physical shape.  He felt that it really balanced him. (He didn't use those words exactly,  I can't remember what he said, but those were the sentiments.  I agreed.  I am glad that we both like to work out.  He went to work out class without me today and I'm so happy.)

What else.....Three-a is doing well in her math class -- she's always loved math, but now she is at the age where she can really check her own work make sure things are good. It's exciting to watch all the changes that are happening.  Some people may think teenagers are not that exciting developmentally, but that might be because they don't know that teenage years are full of brain changes.  It's the time in life when the brain changes the most aside from infancy.









No comments: