Wednesday, October 31, 2012

i forgot to tell you


I forgot to tell you about the homemade twix bar experiement.....

The date mixture that you put inside is YUM, but it should be made in a food processor, not a blender.  I tried to make it in my blender and there wasn't enough to get blended properly.  This resulted in a tragic accident and me needing to buy a new tamper for the blender.  I am still thankful that nothing more than the tamper was damaged.  I was stupid!  

I didn't measure my PB and added too much to the rice crispy mix so they weren't as crispy as I think they should have been.

They were sweeter than I liked (dates are VERY sweet--that's why they call them nature's candy), but the girls really liked them.  We even had a friend over (age 8) and she loved them. I find that my kids usually like the concoctions I create for them, but other kiddos often don't.  I tend to create very NOT SWEET treats.  (We don't need the sugar and you definitely can get used to less sugar and enjoy the other flavors in treats.)

Will I make them again, um, yea, probably.  They took more time than I wanted, so I might try a different treat....  I may remove this post, modify it a bit, and post it on "another blog" not the family blog with all the pictures, but a recipe blog for healthy, vegan recipes.

No comments: