Sunday, September 09, 2012

Back


Here we are at a beach visit.  We had gone to a fun touristy spot and then stopped at the beach to run around for a little while.  We didn't stay long.  Hopefully, we can have a beach day before it gets too cold.  

OMG, it's September.  I can no longer pretend school isn't going to happen because it is.  The girls start their 4th week on Monday.  For my class it's just week 2.  How's it all going?  For them, it all seems good.  For me, nothing bad, I'm just overwhelmed with all I have on my plate, plus anxiety about the things I'm doing--teaching causes lots of anxiety.

oNe has a male teacher for the first time and she seems to really enjoy her new class.  She's doing well.   She's extremely motivated.  I'm hoping it stays this way!  TwoK has the same teacher as last year.  She's doing well, but says she HATES math.  She is getting a tutor to hopefully help her see math is fun and make sure there aren't any problems.  I don't think there are, I think she's decided it's not girlie enough for her. Three-a has one teacher who has a great reputation and a new teacher (they are co-teaching).  I guess the "new teacher" is really a fairly experienced teacher new to our school.  I'm hopeful that Three-a gets a little more discipline in class.  I feel she needs a firmer hand.  

Three-a has learned she can get away with "stuff" by being cute and the youngest child.  Yea, it's partially my fault, because for a long while, she never did anything wrong and she never needed any discipline... Now, she's not listening a lot of the time and she has ATTITUDE.  She's always been independent.  She's always been mischievous, but she's really getting a bit defiant. It's not a bad time to put more structure in her life.  She's 7.  She's got a lot going on in her little head, and now is a good time to make sure we have good habits forming. 

Okay, there's more, I'm sure, but I should go work on my class.  I only have about 45 more minutes of peace and quiet before the girls are up.  


No comments: